Article 471 — Exemption from Deduction of Equity Holdings in Insurance Companies from Common Equity Tier 1 Items
- By way of derogation from Article 49(1), during the period from 31 December 2018 to 31 December 2024, institutions may choose not to deduct equity holdings in insurance undertakings, reinsurance undertakings and insurance holding companies where the following conditions are met:
- the conditions set out in points (a), and (e) of Article 49(1);
- the competent authorities are satisfied with the level of risk control and financial analysis procedures specifically adopted by the institution in order to supervise the investment in the undertaking or holding company;
- the equity holdings of the institution in the insurance undertaking, reinsurance undertaking or insurance holding company do not exceed 15 % of the Common Equity Tier 1 instruments issued by that insurance entity as at 31 December 2012 and during the period from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2024;
- the amount of the equity holding which is not deducted does not exceed the amount held in the Common Equity Tier 1 instruments in the insurance undertaking, reinsurance undertaking or insurance holding company as at 31 December 2012.
- The equity holdings which are not deducted pursuant to paragraph 1 shall qualify as exposures and be risk weighted at 370 %.