Article 3 — Assessment and notification of co-formulants
- When assessing applications for authorisation of plant protection products, Member States shall verify whether co-formulants contained in plant protection products could be considered an unacceptable co-formulant based on the criteria set out in the Annex.
- For the purposes of the verification provided for in paragraph 1, Member State shall carry out an independent, objective and transparent assessment, in the light of current scientific and technical knowledge, on the basis of the information submitted in an application dossier for the authorisation of a plant protection product in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 and including, where appropriate, the information submitted in accordance with Title II of Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006.
- Following the verification provided for in paragraph 1, the Member State shall notify the other Member States, the Commission and the Authority where it considers that:
- the co-formulant used or meant to be used in a plant protection product could meet one or more of the criteria set out in the Annex to this Regulation and therefore be an unacceptable co-formulant;
- in the light of new scientific and technical knowledge, the entry of a co-formulant in the list of Annex III to Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 should be amended; or
- in the light of new scientific and technical knowledge, the entry of a co-formulant in the list of Annex III to Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 should be deleted.