Article 6 — Test certificate
- Each Member State shall, automatically or upon request by the persons concerned, issue the test certificates referred to in point (b) of Article 3(1) to persons tested for SARS-CoV-2 infection. Those persons shall be informed of their right to a test certificate.
- The test certificate shall contain the following categories of personal data:
- the identity of the holder;
- information about the NAAT test or rapid antigen test to which the holder was subject;
- certificate metadata, such as the certificate issuer or a unique certificate identifier.
The personal data shall be included in the test certificate in accordance with the specific data fields set out in point 2 of the Annex.
The Commission is empowered to adopt delegated acts in accordance with Article 12 to amend point 2 of the Annex by modifying or removing data fields, or by adding data fields falling under the categories of personal data referred to in points (b) and (c) of the first subparagraph of this paragraph, where such an amendment is necessary to verify and confirm the authenticity, validity and integrity of the test certificate, in the case of scientific progress in containing the COVID-19 pandemic, or to ensure interoperability with international standards.
- The test certificate shall be issued in a secure and interoperable format in accordance with Article 3(2).
- Where, in the case of newly emerging scientific evidence or to ensure interoperability with international standards and technological systems, imperative grounds of urgency so require, the procedure provided for in Article 13 shall apply to delegated acts adopted pursuant to this Article.
- Where Member States require proof of a test for SARS-CoV-2 infection in order to waive the restrictions to free movement put in place, in accordance with Union law and taking into account the specific situation of cross-border communities, to limit the spread of SARS-CoV-2, they shall also accept, under the same conditions, test certificates indicating a negative result issued by other Member States in accordance with this Regulation.