Article 16 — Commission reports
- By 31 October 2021, the Commission shall submit a report to the European Parliament and to the Council. The report shall include an overview of:
- the number of certificates issued pursuant to this Regulation;
- guidance requested pursuant to Article 3(11) on the available scientific evidence and level of standardisation regarding the possible issuance of certificates of recovery based on antibody tests, including serological testing for antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, taking into account the availability and accessibility of such tests; and
- the information received pursuant to Article 11.
- By 31 March 2022, the Commission shall submit a report to the European Parliament and to the Council on the application of this Regulation.
The report shall contain, in particular, an assessment of the impact of this Regulation on the facilitation of free movement, including on travel and tourism and the acceptance of the different types of vaccine, fundamental rights and non-discrimination, as well as on the protection of personal data during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The report may be accompanied by legislative proposals, in particular to extend the period of application of this Regulation, taking into account the evolution of the epidemiological situation with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic.