Article 67 — Administrative penalties and other measures
- Without prejudice to the supervisory powers of competent authorities and to the right for Member States to provide for and impose criminal sanctions, Member States shall lay down the rules on appropriate administrative penalties and other measures applicable to infringements of this Regulation and shall take all measures necessary to ensure that they are implemented. The administrative penalties and other measures provided for shall be effective, proportionate and dissuasive.
Member States may decide not to lay down rules for administrative penalties as referred to in the first subparagraph for infringements which are subject to criminal sanctions under their national law.
By the date of application of this Regulation, Member States shall notify the rules referred to in the first and second subparagraph to the Commission and to EIOPA. They shall notify the Commission and EIOPA without delay of any subsequent amendment thereto.
- The administrative penalties and other measures laid down in paragraph 3 of this Article shall apply at least to situations where:
- a financial undertaking as referred to in Article 6(1) has obtained a registration of a PEPP through false or misleading statements or any other irregular means in infringement of Articles 6 and 7;
- a financial undertaking as referred to in Article 6(1) provides, respectively distributes, products bearing the designation pan-European Personal Pension Product or PEPP without the required registration;
- a PEPP provider has not provided the portability service in infringement of Article 18 or 19 or the information about that service required under Articles 20 and 21, or has failed to meet the requirements and obligations set out in Chapter IV, Chapter V, Articles 48 and 50, and Chapter VII;
- a depositary has failed to fulfil its oversight duties under Article 48.
- Member States shall, in accordance with national law, provide for competent authorities to have the power to impose at least the following administrative penalties and other measures in relation to the situations referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article:
- a public statement, which indicates the identity of the natural or legal person and the nature of the infringement in accordance with Article 69;
- an order requiring the natural or legal person to cease the conduct and to desist from a repetition of that conduct;
- a temporary ban on any member of the financial undertaking’s management, supervisory or administrative body or any other natural person, who is held responsible, from exercising management functions in such undertakings;
- in case of a legal person, maximum administrative fines of at least EUR 5000000, or in the Member States whose currency is not the euro, the corresponding value in the national currency on 14 August 2019;
- in the case of a legal person, the maximum administrative fines referred to in point (d) may be up to 10 % of the total annual turnover according to the latest available accounts approved by the management, supervisory or administrative body; where the legal person is a parent undertaking or a subsidiary of the parent undertaking which has to prepare consolidated financial accounts in accordance with Directive 2013/34/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council(1), the relevant total annual turnover shall be the total annual turnover or the corresponding type of income in accordance with the relevant accounting legislative acts according to the latest available consolidated accounts approved by the management, supervisory or administrative body of the ultimate parent undertaking;
- in the case of a natural person, maximum administrative fines of at least EUR 700000 or, in the Member States whose currency is not the euro, the corresponding value in the national currency on 14 August 2019;
- maximum administrative fines of at least twice the amount of the benefit derived from the infringement where that benefit can be determined, even if that exceeds the maximum amounts in point (d), (e) or (f), respectively.
- Any decision imposing administrative penalties or other measures set out in the first subparagraph of paragraph 1 and in paragraph 3 shall be reasoned and subject to the right of appeal before a tribunal.
- In the exercise of their powers under the first subparagraph of paragraph 1 and under paragraph 3, competent authorities shall cooperate closely to ensure that the administrative penalties and other measures produce the results pursued by this Regulation and coordinate their action in order to avoid possible duplication and overlap when applying administrative penalties and other measures to cross-border cases.