Article 66 — Cooperation and consistency
- Each competent authority shall contribute to the consistent application of this Regulation throughout the Union.
- The competent authorities shall cooperate with each other in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council(1), Directives 2009/65/EC, 2009/138/EC, 2011/61/EU, 2014/65/EU, (EU) 2016/97 and (EU) 2016/2341.
- The competent authorities and EIOPA shall cooperate with each other for the purpose of carrying out their respective duties under this Regulation in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1094/2010.
- The competent authorities and EIOPA shall exchange all information and documentation necessary to carry out their respective duties under this Regulation in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 1094/2010, in particular to identify and remedy infringements of this Regulation.
- In order to ensure consistent application of this Article, EIOPA shall develop draft implementing technical standards specifying the details of cooperation and exchange of information, together with the requirements needed to present the information above in a standardised format allowing for comparison.
EIOPA shall submit those draft implementing technical standards to the Commission by 15 August 2020.
Power is conferred on the Commission to adopt the implementing technical standards referred to in the first subparagraph in accordance with Article 15 of Regulation (EU) No 1094/2010.