Article 42 — General provisions
- PEPP providers may offer up to six investment options to PEPP savers.
- The investment options shall include the Basic PEPP and may include alternative investment options.
- All investment options shall be designed by PEPP providers on the basis of a guarantee or risk-mitigation technique which shall ensure sufficient protection for PEPP savers.
- Provision of guarantees shall be subject to the relevant sectorial law applicable to the PEPP provider.
- PEPP providers referred to in points (c), (d), (e) and (f) of Article 6(1) may offer PEPP with a guarantee only by cooperating with credit institutions or insurance undertakings that can provide such guarantees according to the sectorial law applicable to them. Those institutions or undertakings shall be solely liable for the guarantee.