Article 8 — Uniform format for EU ETDs
- EU ETDs shall consist of a uniform EU ETD form and a uniform EU ETD sticker. That form and that sticker shall conform to the specifications set out in Annexes I and II and the additional technical specifications established in accordance with Article 9.
- When the uniform EU ETD sticker is filled in, the sections set out in Annex II shall be completed and the machine-readable zone filled in, in line with ICAO Document 9303.
- In order to achieve the objectives of this Directive, in particular to ensure the exercise of the right to consular protection on the basis of a modern and secure EU ETD format, the Commission is empowered to adopt delegated acts in accordance with Article 11 to amend Annexes I and II as well as references to the standards established by ICAO as referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article and Article 4(2)(b), in response to technical progress.
- Member States may add any necessary national entries in the remarks section of the uniform EU ETD sticker as referred to in point 9 of Annex II. Those national entries shall not duplicate the sections set out in Annex II.
- All entries on the uniform EU ETD sticker, including the facial image, shall be printed. No manual changes shall be made to a printed uniform EU ETD sticker.
Exceptionally, in the event of technical force majeure, uniform EU ETD stickers may be filled in manually and a photograph affixed. In such cases, the photograph shall have additional protection against photo substitution. No changes shall be made to the uniform EU ETD sticker which has been filled in manually.
- If an error is detected on the uniform EU ETD sticker which has not yet been affixed to the uniform EU ETD form, the uniform EU ETD sticker shall be invalidated and destroyed. If an error is detected after the uniform EU ETD sticker has been affixed to the uniform EU ETD form, both shall be invalidated and destroyed and a new uniform EU ETD sticker shall be produced.
- The printed uniform EU ETD sticker containing the completed sections shall be affixed to the uniform EU ETD form in accordance with Annex I.
- Member States shall ensure theft-proof storage of blank uniform EU ETD forms and stickers.