- Nationals of third countries listed in Annex II shall be exempt from the requirement set out in Article 3(1) for stays of no more than 90 days in any 180-day period.
- The following persons shall also be exempt from the visa requirement:
- the nationals of third countries listed in Annex I to this Regulation who are holders of a local border traffic permit issued by the Member States pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 1931/2006 when those holders exercise their right within the context of the local border traffic regime;
- school pupils who are nationals of a third country listed in Annex I to this Regulation, who reside in a Member State applying Council Decision 94/795/JHA(1) and who are travelling in the context of a school excursion as members of a group of school pupils accompanied by a teacher from the school in question;
- recognised refugees and stateless persons and other persons who do not hold the nationality of any country, who reside in a Member State and who are holders of a travel document issued by that Member State.