Article 17 — General provisions
- Where and to the extent that the transmission system operator functions under a non-price cap regime, the following principles shall apply:
- the under- or over-recovery of the transmission services revenue shall be minimised having due regard to necessary investments;
- the level of transmission tariffs shall ensure that the transmission services revenue is recovered by the transmission system operator in a timely manner;
- significant differences between the levels of transmission tariffs applicable for two consecutive tariff periods shall be avoided to the extent possible.
- Where and to the extent that the transmission system operator functions under a price cap regime or applies a fixed payable price approach set out in Article 24(b), no revenue reconciliation shall occur and all risks related to under- or over-recovery shall be covered exclusively by the risk premium. In such case Articles 18, 19(1) to (4) and 20 shall not apply.
- Subject to the requirements of periodic consultations pursuant to Article 26 and subject to approval in accordance with Article 41(6)(a) of Directive 2009/73/EC, non-transmission services revenue may be reconciled as set out in this Chapter, mutatis mutandis.