Article 57 — Information for the payer on individual payment transactions
- After the amount of an individual payment transaction is debited from the payer’s account or, where the payer does not use a payment account, after receipt of the payment order, the payer’s payment service provider shall provide the payer, without undue delay and in the same way as laid down in Article 51(1), with all of the following information:
- a reference enabling the payer to identify each payment transaction and, where appropriate, information relating to the payee;
- the amount of the payment transaction in the currency in which the payer’s payment account is debited or in the currency used for the payment order;
- the amount of any charges for the payment transaction and, where applicable, a breakdown of the amounts of such charges, or the interest payable by the payer;
- where applicable, the exchange rate used in the payment transaction by the payer’s payment service provider, and the amount of the payment transaction after that currency conversion;
- the debit value date or the date of receipt of the payment order.
- A framework contract shall include a condition that the payer may require the information referred to in paragraph 1 to be provided or made available periodically, at least once a month, free of charge and in an agreed manner which allows the payer to store and reproduce information unchanged.
- However, Member States may require payment service providers to provide information on paper or on another durable medium at least once a month, free of charge.