Article 55 — Termination
- The payment service user may terminate the framework contract at any time, unless the parties have agreed on a period of notice. Such a period shall not exceed 1 month.
- Termination of the framework contract shall be free of charge for the payment service user except where the contract has been in force for less than 6 months. Charges, if any, for termination of the framework contract shall be appropriate and in line with costs.
- If agreed in the framework contract, the payment service provider may terminate a framework contract concluded for an indefinite period by giving at least 2 months’ notice in the same way as provided for in Article 51(1).
- Charges for payment services levied on a regular basis shall be payable by the payment service user only proportionally up to the termination of the contract. If such charges are paid in advance, they shall be reimbursed proportionally.
- The provisions of this Article are without prejudice to the Member States’ laws and regulations governing the rights of the parties to declare the framework contract unenforceable or void.
- Member States may provide for more favourable provisions for payment service users.