Article 26 — Exchange of information
- The competent authorities of the different Member States shall cooperate with each other and, where appropriate, with the ECB and the national central banks of the Member States, EBA and other relevant competent authorities designated under Union or national law applicable to payment service providers.
- Member States shall, in addition, allow exchange of information between their competent authorities and the following:
- the competent authorities of other Member States responsible for the authorisation and supervision of payment institutions;
- the ECB and the national central banks of Member States, in their capacity as monetary and oversight authorities, and, where appropriate, other public authorities responsible for overseeing payment and settlement systems;
- other relevant authorities designated under this Directive, Directive (EU) 2015/849 and other Union law applicable to payment service providers, such as laws applicable to money laundering and terrorist financing;
- EBA, in its capacity of contributing to the consistent and coherent functioning of supervising mechanisms as referred to in point (a) of Article 1(5) of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.