Article 106 — Obligation to inform consumers of their rights
- By 13 January 2018, the Commission shall produce a user-friendly electronic leaflet, listing in a clear and easily comprehensible manner, the rights of consumers under this Directive and related Union law.
- The Commission shall inform Member States, European associations of payment service providers and European consumer associations of the publication of the leaflet referred to in paragraph 1.
The Commission, EBA and the competent authorities shall each ensure that the leaflet is made available in an easily accessible manner on their respective websites.
- Payment service providers shall ensure that the leaflet is made available in an easily accessible manner on their websites, if existing, and on paper at their branches, their agents and the entities to which their activities are outsourced.
- Payment service providers shall not charge their clients for making available information under this Article.
- In respect of persons with disabilities, the provisions of this Article shall be applied using appropriate alternative means, allowing the information to be made available in an accessible format.