- This Regulation shall apply to PRIIP manufacturers and persons advising on, or selling, PRIIPs.
- This Regulation shall not apply to the following products:
- non-life insurance products as listed in Annex I to Directive 2009/138/EC;
- life insurance contracts where the benefits under the contract are payable only on death or in respect of incapacity due to injury, sickness or infirmity;
- deposits other than structured deposits as defined in point (43) of Article 4(1) of Directive 2014/65/EU;
- securities as referred to in points (b) to (g), (i) and (j) of Article 1(2) of Directive 2003/71/EC;
- pension products which, under national law, are recognised as having the primary purpose of providing the investor with an income in retirement and which entitle the investor to certain benefits;
- officially recognised occupational pension schemes within the scope of Directive 2003/41/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council(1) or Directive 2009/138/EC;
- individual pension products for which a financial contribution from the employer is required by national law and where the employer or the employee has no choice as to the pension product or provider.