Article 7 — Communication network
- The Agency shall establish and maintain a communication network in order to provide communication and analytical tools and allow for the exchange of non-classified sensitive and classified information in a secure manner and in near-real-time with, and among, the national coordination centres. The network shall be operational twenty four hours a day and seven days a week and shall allow for:
- bilateral and multilateral information exchange in near-real-time;
- audio and video conferencing;
- secure handling, storing, transmission and processing of non-classified sensitive information;
- secure handling, storing, transmission and processing of EU classified information up to the level of RESTREINT UE/EU RESTRICTED or equivalent national classification levels, ensuring that classified information is handled, stored, transmitted and processed in a separate and duly accredited part of the communication network.
- The Agency shall provide technical support and ensure that the communication network is interoperable with any other relevant communication and information system managed by the Agency.
- The Agency shall exchange, process and store non-classified sensitive and classified information in the communication network in accordance with Article 11d of Regulation (EC) No 2007/2004.
- The national coordination centres shall exchange, process and store non-classified sensitive and classified information in the communication network in compliance with rules and standards which are equivalent to those set out in the Rules of Procedure of the Commission(1).
- Member States' authorities, agencies and other bodies using the communication network shall ensure that equivalent security rules and standards as those applied by the Agency are complied with for the handling of classified information.