Article 27 — Access to, and correction or erasure of, data recorded in Eurodac
- The Member State of origin shall have access to data which it has transmitted and which are recorded in the Central System in accordance with this Regulation.
No Member State may conduct searches of the data transmitted by another Member State, nor may it receive such data apart from data resulting from the comparison referred to in Article 9(5).
- The authorities of Member States which, pursuant to paragraph 1 of this Article, have access to data recorded in the Central System shall be those designated by each Member State for the purposes laid down in Article 1(1). That designation shall specify the exact unit responsible for carrying out tasks related to the application of this Regulation. Each Member State shall without delay communicate to the Commission and the Agency a list of those units and any amendments thereto. The Agency shall publish the consolidated list in the Official Journal of the European Union. Where there are amendments thereto, the Agency shall publish once a year an updated consolidated list online.
- Only the Member State of origin shall have the right to amend the data which it has transmitted to the Central System by correcting or supplementing such data, or to erase them, without prejudice to erasure carried out in pursuance of Article 12(2) or 16(1).
- If a Member State or the Agency has evidence to suggest that data recorded in the Central System are factually inaccurate, it shall advise the Member State of origin as soon as possible.
If a Member State has evidence to suggest that data were recorded in the Central System in breach of this Regulation, it shall advise the Agency, the Commission and the Member State of origin as soon as possible. The Member State of origin shall check the data concerned and, if necessary, amend or erase them without delay.
- The Agency shall not transfer or make available to the authorities of any third country data recorded in the Central System. This prohibition shall not apply to transfers of such data to third countries to which Regulation (EU) No 604/2013 applies.