Article 456 — Delegated acts
- The Commission shall be empowered to adopt delegated acts in accordance with Article 462, concerning the following matters:
- clarification of the definitions set out in Articles 4, 5, 142, 153, 192, 242, 272, 300, 381 and 411 to ensure uniform application of this Regulation;
- clarification of the definitions set out in Articles 4, 5, 142, 153, 192, 242, 272, 300, 381 and 411 in order to take account, in the application of this Regulation, of developments on financial markets;
- amendment of the list of exposure classes in Articles 112 and 147 in order to take account of developments on financial markets;
- the amount specified in point (c) of Article 123, Article 147(5)(a), Article 153(4) and Article 162(4), to take into account the effects of inflation;
- the list and classification of the off-balance sheet items in Annexes I and II, in order to take account of developments on financial markets;
- adjustment of the categories of investment firms in Article 95(1) and Article 96(1) to take account of developments on financial markets;
- clarification of the requirement laid down in Article 97 to ensure uniform application of this Regulation.
- amendment of the own funds requirements as set out in Articles 301 to 311 of this Regulation and Articles 50a to 50d of Regulation (EU) No 648/2012 to take account of developments or amendments of the international standards for exposures to a central counterparty;
- clarification of the terms referred to in the exemptions provided for in Article 400;
- amendment of the capital measure and the total exposure measure of the leverage ratio referred to in Article 429(2) in order to correct any shortcomings discovered on the basis of the reporting referred to in Article 430(1) before the leverage ratio has to be published by institutions as set out in Article 451(1)(a).
- EBA shall monitor the own funds requirements for credit valuation adjustment risk and by 1 January 2015 submit a report to the Commission. In particular, the report shall assess:
- the treatment of CVA risk as a stand-alone charge versus an integrated component of the market risk framework;
- the scope of the CVA risk charge including the exemption in Article 482;
- eligible hedges;
- calculation of capital requirements of CVA risk.
On the basis of that report and where the findings are that such action is necessary the Commission shall also be empowered to adopt a delegated act in accordance with Article 462 to amend Article 381, Article 382(1) to (3) and Articles 383 to 386 concerning those items.