Article 325bk — Calculation of stress scenario risk measure
- The stress scenario risk measure of a given non-modellable risk factor means the loss that is incurred in all trading book positions or non-trading book positions that are subject to foreign exchange or commodity risk of the portfolio which includes that non-modellable risk factor when an extreme scenario of future shock is applied to that risk factor.
- Institutions shall develop appropriate extreme scenarios of future shock for all non-modellable risk factors, to the satisfaction of their competent authorities.
- EBA shall develop draft regulatory technical standards to specify:
- how institutions are to develop extreme scenarios of future shock applicable to non-modellable risk factors and how they are to apply those extreme scenarios of future shock to those risk factors;
- a regulatory extreme scenario of future shock for each broad sub-category of risk factors listed in Table 2 of Article 325bd, which institutions may use when they are unable to develop an extreme scenario of future shock in accordance with point (a) of this subparagraph, or which competent authorities may require that institution apply if those authorities are not satisfied with the extreme scenario of future shock developed by the institution;
- the circumstances under which institutions may calculate a stress scenario risk measure for more than one non-modellable risk factor;
- how institutions are to aggregate the stress scenario risk measures of all non-modellable risk factors included in their trading book positions and non-trading book positions that are subject to foreign exchange risk or commodity risk.
In developing those draft regulatory technical standards, EBA shall take into consideration the requirement that the level of own funds requirements for market risk of a non-modellable risk factor as set out in this Article shall be as high as the level of own funds requirements for market risk that would have been calculated under this Chapter if that risk factor were modellable.
EBA shall submit those draft regulatory technical standards to the Commission by 28 September 2020.
Power is delegated to the Commission to supplement this Regulation by adopting the regulatory technical standards referred to in the first subparagraph in accordance with Articles 10 to 14 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.