- For the purposes of this Regulation, a company or other legal person or association of natural or legal persons is domiciled at the place where it has its:
- statutory seat;
- central administration; or
- principal place of business.
- For the purposes of Ireland, Cyprus and the United Kingdom, statutory seat means the registered office or, where there is no such office anywhere, the place of incorporation or, where there is no such place anywhere, the place under the law of which the formation took place.
- In order to determine whether a trust is domiciled in the Member State whose courts are seised of the matter, the court shall apply its rules of private international law.