- In the event of an application for refusal of enforcement of a judgment pursuant to Subsection 2 of Section 3, the court in the Member State addressed may, on the application of the person against whom enforcement is sought:
- limit the enforcement proceedings to protective measures;
- make enforcement conditional on the provision of such security as it shall determine; or
- suspend, either wholly or in part, the enforcement proceedings.
- The competent authority in the Member State addressed shall, on the application of the person against whom enforcement is sought, suspend the enforcement proceedings where the enforceability of the judgment is suspended in the Member State of origin.