Article 1 — Subject matter and scope
- This Regulation establishes requirements for labelling of and providing supplementary product information on electrical lamps such as:
- filament lamps;
- fluorescent lamps;
- high-intensity discharge lamps;
- LED lamps and LED modules.
This Regulation also establishes requirements for labelling luminaires designed to operate such lamps and marketed to end users, including when they are integrated into other products that are not dependent on energy input in fulfilling their primary purpose during use (such as furniture).
- The following products shall be excluded from the scope of this Regulation:
- lamps and LED modules with a luminous flux of less than 30 lumens;
- lamps and LED modules marketed for operation with batteries;
- lamps and LED modules marketed for applications where their primary purpose is not lighting, such as:
- emission of light as an agent in chemical or biological processes (such as polimerisation, photodynamic therapy, horticulture, petcare, anti-insect products);
- image capture and image projection (such as camera flashlights, photocopiers, video projectors);
- heating (such as infrared lamps);
- signalling (such as airfield lamps).
These lamps and LED modules are not excluded when they are marketed for lighting;
- lamps and LED modules marketed as part of a luminaire and not intended to be removed by the end-user, except when they are offered for sale, hire or hire purchase or displayed separately to the end user, for example as spare parts;
- lamps and LED modules marketed as part of a product whose primary purpose is not lighting. However, if they are offered for sale, hire or hire purchase or displayed separately, for example as spare parts, they shall be included within the scope of this Regulation;
- lamps and LED modules that do not comply with requirements becoming applicable in 2013 and 2014 according to Regulations implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council(1);
- luminaires that are designed to operate exclusively with the lamps and LED modules listed in points (a), (b), (c) and (e).