Article 50 — Appeal against the decision on the application for a declaration of enforceability
- The decision on the application for a declaration of enforceability may be appealed against by either party.
- The appeal shall be lodged with the court communicated by the Member State concerned to the Commission in accordance with Article 78.
- The appeal shall be dealt with in accordance with the rules governing procedure in contradictory matters.
- If the party against whom enforcement is sought fails to appear before the appellate court in proceedings concerning an appeal brought by the applicant, Article 16 shall apply even where the party against whom enforcement is sought is not domiciled in any of the Member States.
- An appeal against the declaration of enforceability shall be lodged within 30 days of service thereof. If the party against whom enforcement is sought is domiciled in a Member State other than that in which the declaration of enforceability was given, the time for appealing shall be 60 days and shall run from the date of service, either on him in person or at his residence. No extension may be granted on account of distance.