Article 76a — Mutual direct access to data
- Where necessary for the exercise of their duties, relevant authorities of third countries in which one or more trade repositories are established shall have direct access to information in trade repositories established in the Union, provided that the Commission has adopted an implementing act in accordance with paragraph 2 to that effect.
- Upon the submission of a request by the authorities referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article, the Commission may adopt implementing acts, in accordance with the examination procedure referred to in Article 86(2), determining whether the legal framework of the third country of the requesting authority fulfils all of the following conditions:
- trade repositories established in that third country are duly authorised;
- effective supervision and enforcement of trade repositories takes place in that third country on an ongoing basis;
- guarantees of professional secrecy exist, including the protection of business secrets shared with third parties by the authorities, and they are at least equivalent to those set out in this Regulation;
- trade repositories authorised in that third country are subject to a legally binding and enforceable obligation to grant the entities referred to in Article 81(3) direct and immediate access to the data.