Article 71 — Withdrawal of registration
- Without prejudice to Article 73, ESMA shall withdraw the registration of a trade repository where the trade repository:
- expressly renounces the registration or has provided no services for the preceding six months;
- obtained the registration by making false statements or by any other irregular means;
- no longer meets the conditions under which it was registered.
- ESMA shall, without undue delay, notify the relevant competent authority referred to in Article 57(1) of a decision to withdraw the registration of a trade repository.
- The competent authority of a Member State in which the trade repository performs its services and activities and which considers that one of the conditions referred to in paragraph 1 has been met, may request ESMA to examine whether the conditions for the withdrawal of registration of the trade repository concerned are met. Where ESMA decides not to withdraw the registration of the trade repository concerned, it shall provide full reasons.
- The competent authority referred to in paragraph 3 shall be the authority designated under Article 22.