Article 14 — Authorisation of a CCP
- Where a legal person established in the Union intends to provide clearing services as a CCP, it shall apply for authorisation to the competent authority of the Member State where it is established (the CCP’s competent authority), in accordance with the procedure set out in Article 17.
- Once authorisation has been granted in accordance with Article 17, it shall be effective for the entire territory of the Union.
- Authorisation referred to in paragraph 1 shall be granted only for activities linked to clearing and shall specify the services or activities which the CCP is authorised to provide or perform including the classes of financial instruments covered by such authorisation.
- A CCP shall comply at all times with the conditions necessary for authorisation.
- Authorisation referred to in paragraph 1 shall not prevent Member States from adopting or continuing to apply, in respect of CCPs established in their territory, additional requirements including certain requirements for authorisation under Directive 2006/48/EC.