Article 20 — General rules
- This Chapter shall be without prejudice to the rights laid down in the Geneva Convention.
- This Chapter shall apply both to refugees and persons eligible for subsidiary protection unless otherwise indicated.
- When implementing this Chapter, Member States shall take into account the specific situation of vulnerable persons such as minors, unaccompanied minors, disabled people, elderly people, pregnant women, single parents with minor children, victims of human trafficking, persons with mental disorders and persons who have been subjected to torture, rape or other serious forms of psychological, physical or sexual violence.
- Paragraph 3 shall apply only to persons found to have special needs after an individual evaluation of their situation.
- The best interests of the child shall be a primary consideration for Member States when implementing the provisions of this Chapter that involve minors.