Article 23 — Programming and implementing arrangements
- Calls for proposals shall be directly launched by the Commission on the basis of budgetary availabilities referred to in Article 3(1) and the eligibility, selection and award criteria set out in Chapter II.
- EEPR assistance shall cover only project-related expenditure incurred by the beneficiaries and, as regards projects under Article 9, also by third parties responsible for the implementation of a project. Expenditure incurred under Chapter II may be eligible as from 13 July 2009.
- Financial assistance given under Chapter IIa shall cover expenditure relating to investment projects and to technical assistance for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects incurred by the beneficiaries described in point 3 of Part A of Annex II. Such expenditure may be eligible as from 1 January 2011.
- VAT shall not be an eligible cost, except for non-refundable VAT.
- Projects and actions financed under this Regulation shall be carried out in accordance with Community law and shall take into account any relevant Community policies, in particular those relating to competition including the applicable State aid rules, protection of the environment, health, sustainable development and public procurement.