Article 18 — Eligibility
- Proposals shall be eligible for EEPR assistance only if they implement the projects listed in Part C of the Annex, fulfil the selection and award criteria under Article 19 and the following conditions:
- the projects demonstrate that they have the ability to capture at least 80 % of CO2 in industrial installations and to transport and geologically store this CO2 safely underground;
- in power installations, CO2 capture is demonstrated on an installation of at least 250 MW electrical output or equivalent;
- project promoters make a binding declaration that the generic knowledge generated by the demonstration plant will be made available to the wider industry and to the Commission to contribute to the Strategic Energy Technology Plan for Europe.
- Proposals shall be submitted by one or several undertakings, acting jointly.
- Proposals submitted by natural persons shall not be eligible.