Article 29 — Implementation
- Member States shall take the necessary measures to comply with the provisions of this Framework Decision by 5 December 2011.
- Member States shall transmit to the General Secretariat of the Council and to the Commission the text of the provisions transposing into their national law the obligations imposed on them under this Framework Decision. On the basis of a report established using this information by the Commission, the Council shall, no later than 5 December 2012, assess the extent to which Member States have complied with the provisions of this Framework Decision.
- The General Secretariat of the Council shall notify the Member States and the Commission of the notifications or declarations made pursuant to Article 4(7) and Article 23(1) or (3).
- Without prejudice to Article 35(7) of the Treaty on European Union, a Member State which has experienced repeated difficulties in the application of Article 25 of this Framework Decision, which have not been solved through bilateral consultations, shall inform the Council and the Commission of its difficulties. The Commission shall, on the basis of this information and any other information available to it, establish a report, accompanied by any initiatives it may deem appropriate, with a view to resolving these difficulties.
- By 5 December 2013, the Commission shall establish a report on the basis of the information received, accompanied by any initiatives it may deem appropriate. The Council shall on the basis of any report from the Commission and any initiative, review, in particular Article 25, with a view to considering whether it is to be replaced by more specific provisions.