Article 3 — Competences of the Commission
- The Commission shall be responsible for the implementation of the Programme.
- The Commission shall prepare annual work programmes on the basis of this Decision.
- In implementing the Programme, the Commission shall, in close cooperation with the Member States, ensure general consistency and complementarity with other relevant Community policies, programmes and actions.
- The Commission shall act in accordance with the procedure referred to in Article 4(2) for the purposes of:
- adopting and modifying the annual work programmes, including determining the priority areas for international cooperation;
- assessing the projects proposed following calls for proposals for Community funding where the estimated Community contribution is equal to, or more than, EUR 500000;
- implementing measures for evaluating the Programme.
- The Commission shall inform the committee referred to in Article 4 of progress in the implementation of the Programme. In particular, the Commission shall inform that committee immediately about all selection decisions taken on matters falling outside of the scope of paragraph 4 of this Article.