Article 7 — Authorisation of the selected applicants
- Member States shall ensure that the selected applicants, in accordance with the time frame and the service area to which the selected applicants have committed themselves, in accordance with Article 4(1)(c), and in accordance with national and Community law, have the right to use the specific radio frequency identified in the Commission decision adopted pursuant to Articles 5(2) or 6(3) and the right to operate a mobile satellite system. They shall inform selected applicants of those rights accordingly.
- The rights covered by paragraph 1 shall be subject to the following common conditions:
- selected applicants shall use the assigned radio spectrum for the provision of MSS;
- selected applicants shall meet milestones six to nine set out in the Annex within 24 months of the selection decision adopted pursuant to Articles 5(2) or 6(3);
- selected applicants shall honour any commitments they give in their applications or during the comparative selection procedure, irrespective of whether the combined demand for radio spectrum exceeds the amount available;
- selected applicants shall provide to the competent authorities of all Member States an annual report detailing the status of development of their proposed mobile satellite system;
- any necessary rights of use and authorisations shall be granted for a duration of eighteen years from the date of the selection decision adopted pursuant to Articles 5(2) or 6(3).
- Member States may grant rights of use of spectrum identified in Article 1(1) for such time and to the extent that they remain outside the service area to which the selected applicants have committed themselves pursuant to this Decision, in accordance with Decision 2007/98/EC.
- Member States may impose objectively justified, non-discriminatory, proportionate and transparent obligations to ensure communications between emergency services and authorities during major disasters, in accordance with Community law, including Directive 2002/20/EC.