Article 9 — Right to care
- Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered free of charge:
- meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;
- hotel accommodation in cases
- where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or
- where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary;
- transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).
- In addition, passengers shall be offered free of charge two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails.
- In applying this Article, the operating air carrier shall pay particular attention to the needs of persons with reduced mobility and any persons accompanying them, as well as to the needs of unaccompanied children.