Article 6 — Delay
- When an operating air carrier reasonably expects a flight to be delayed beyond its scheduled time of departure:
- for two hours or more in the case of flights of 1500 kilometres or less; or
- for three hours or more in the case of all intra-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometres and of all other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres; or
- for four hours or more in the case of all flights not falling under (a) or (b),
passengers shall be offered by the operating air carrier:
- the assistance specified in Article 9(1)(a) and 9(2); and
- when the reasonably expected time of departure is at least the day after the time of departure previously announced, the assistance specified in Article 9(1)(b) and 9(1)(c); and
- when the delay is at least five hours, the assistance specified in Article 8(1)(a).
- In any event, the assistance shall be offered within the time limits set out above with respect to each distance bracket.