Article 9 — Review
The Commission is invited to submit to the European Parliament and the Council:
- by 2008 at the latest, a report based on the results of the review referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2001/81/EC. This report shall examine:
- the broad scope and potential for making reductions in the VOC content of products outside the scope of this Directive including aerosols for paints and varnishes;
- the possible introduction of a further (phase II) reduction in the VOC content of vehicle refinishing products;
- any new element relating to the socio-economic impact of the application of phase II as foreseen for paints and varnishes;
- at the latest 30 months after the date of implementation of the VOC content limit values of Annex II phase II, a report taking account, in particular, of the reports referred to in Article 7 and of any technological developments in the manufacture of paints, varnishes and vehicle refinishing products. This report shall examine the broad scope and potential for making further reductions in VOC content of products inside the scope of this Directive, including the possible distinction between paints used for interiors and exteriors in subcategories (d) and (e) of Annex I, point 1.1. and Annex II, section A.
These reports shall be accompanied, if appropriate, by proposals to amend this Directive.