— Particular circumstances
Notwithstanding Article 4, each Member State may take the necessary measures to ensure that the penalties referred to in Article 4 may be reduced if the offender:
- renounces criminal activity relating to trafficking in drugs and precursors, and
- provides the administrative or judicial authorities with information which they would not otherwise have been able to obtain, helping them to:
- prevent or mitigate the effects of the offence,
- identify or bring to justice the other offenders,
- find evidence, or
- prevent further offences referred to in Articles 2 and 3.