Article 8 — Content and form of the European arrest warrant
- The European arrest warrant shall contain the following information set out in accordance with the form contained in the Annex:
- the identity and nationality of the requested person;
- the name, address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address of the issuing judicial authority;
- evidence of an enforceable judgment, an arrest warrant or any other enforceable judicial decision having the same effect, coming within the scope of Articles 1 and 2;
- the nature and legal classification of the offence, particularly in respect of Article 2;
- a description of the circumstances in which the offence was committed, including the time, place and degree of participation in the offence by the requested person;
- the penalty imposed, if there is a final judgment, or the prescribed scale of penalties for the offence under the law of the issuing Member State;
- if possible, other consequences of the offence.
- The European arrest warrant must be translated into the official language or one of the official languages of the executing Member State. Any Member State may, when this Framework Decision is adopted or at a later date, state in a declaration deposited with the General Secretariat of the Council that it will accept a translation in one or more other official languages of the Institutions of the European Communities.