Article 27 — Entry into force and applicability
- This Regulation shall enter into force on the day of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Communities.
- This Regulation shall apply, and Eurodac shall start operations, from the date which the Commission shall publish in the Official Journal of the European Communities, when the following conditions are met:
- each Member State has notified the Commission that it has made the necessary technical arrangements to transmit data to the Central Unit in accordance with the implementing rules adopted under Article 4(7) and to comply with the implementing rules adopted under Article 12(5); and
- the Commission has made the necessary technical arrangements for the Central Unit to begin operations in accordance with the implementing rules adopted under Article 4(7) and Article 12(5).
This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in the Member States in accordance with the Treaty establishing the European Community.
Done at Brussels, 11 December 2000.
For the Council
- OJ C 189, 7.7.2000, p. 105 and p. 227 and opinion delivered on 21 September 2000 (not yet published in the Official Journal).
- OJ C 254, 19.8.1997, p. 1.
- OJ L 184, 17.7.1999, p. 23.
- OJ L 281, 23.11.1995, p. 31.