Article 6 — Reports
- Every three years and for the first time no later than five years after the entry into force of this Directive the Commission shall submit to the European Parliament and the Council a report on the application of this Directive.
- In its first report the Commission shall examine in particular:
- the scope of this Directive in relation to the protection of the collective interests of persons exercising a commercial, industrial, craft or professional activity;
- the scope of this Directive as determined by the Directives listed in the Annex;
- whether the prior consultation in Article 5 has contributed to the effective protection of consumers.
Where appropriate, this report shall be accompanied by proposals with a view to amending this Directive.