Council Directive 89/299/EEC of 17 April 1989
On the own funds of credit institutions
- Article 1 Scope
- Article 2 General principles
- Article 3 Other items referred to in Article 2 (1) (6)
- Article 4 1. The commitments of the members of credit institutions set up as cooperative societies referred to in Article 2 (1) (7), shall comprise those societies' uncalled capital, together with the legal commitments of the members of those cooperative societies to make additional non-refundable payments should the credit institution incur a loss, in which case it must be possible to demand those payments without delay.
- Article 5 Until further coordination of the provisions on consolidation, the following rules shall apply.
- Article 6 Deductions and limits
- Article 7 Compliance with the conditions laid down in Articles 2 to 6 must be proved to the satisfaction of the competent authorities.
- Article 8 Without prejudice to the report referred to in Article 2 (2), second subparagraph, technical adaptations deemed to be necessary to this Directive to:
- Article 9 1. Member States shall bring into force the laws, regulations and administrative provisions necessary for them to comply with this Directive no later than the date laid down for the entry into force of the implementing measures of the Council directive on a solvency ratio for credit institutions, and by 1 January 1993 at the latest. They shall forthwith inform the Commission thereof.
- Article 10 This Directive is addressed to the Member States.